Welcome
Welcome to the Corsair Information Site

This FREE forum is for sharing information about the Corsair.

In The Works...
Lt. Col. Jim Hill who flew with Pappy Boyington in VMF-214 "The BlackSheep Squadron" will answer your questions regarding the Blacksheep and/or the F4U Corsair.
Post your questions in the Man & Machine forum here:
everything-you-ever-wanted-to-know-about-the-f4u-corsair-t86.html

Update
I have sent your questions to Lt. Col. Hill and will post his responses as I get them. Thanks to Mint Moore III for his assistance with this!

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.

By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members using Private Messaging (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Brewster F3A-1, MCAS El Toro CA, 1946 (Tamiya, 72nd scale)

For all static models in 1/72 scale.

Brewster F3A-1, MCAS El Toro CA, 1946 (Tamiya, 72nd scale)

Postby David Hansen » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:55 pm

Hey if nobody minds, i thought i'd kick off the 72nd scale forum with some Corsair Pictures.

This is the Tamiya F4U-1D kit, which i backdated to a Brewster F3A-1 based at MCAS El Toro, CA in 1946. i got the paint scheme from a photo found in Volume 1 of the Detail and Scale series on the F4U. Technically, since this plane is an F3A, it should have the Hamilton Standard 13' 4" elliptical-shaped blades but the -1D kit only has the 13' 1" Paddle-Blade configuration. However, you can get around this problem by buying the F4U-1A version, which includes both propeller types.

I robbed a Brewster Bomb Rack from the Academy F4U kit, and built the MK 47 practice bomb dispenser from scratch.

This will be the first in a series of postings on the Tamiya F4U. If anybody has questions about how i build these things, all you need to do is ask.

Hope you likee,

david
Last edited by David Hansen on Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
David Hansen

Re: Brewster F3A-1 (Tamiya, 72nd scale)

Postby rwright142 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:36 pm

I definitely likee! ;) Excellent job.
rwright142
Site Admin

Highscores: 5

Return to 1/72