Welcome
Welcome to the Corsair Information Site

This FREE forum is for sharing information about the Corsair.

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.

By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members using Private Messaging (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Welcome

"The F4U Corsair was the best damn fighter ever built. I know, I flew one..!!"
Lt. Col. Jim Hill
Flew Corsairs in WWII with Pappy Boyington in the VMF-214 BlackSheep Squadron
Joined this board on December 27th, 2008, at 10:30 pm
Unfortunately Jim passed away Jan 15, 2013. He is now patrolling the skies with Pappy. I wish you blue skies and tailwinds for eternity.

This forum is dedicated to the single engine fighter airplane known as the Corsair. Without the valiant men and women who built, maintained, flew, fought, or paid the ultimately price in the Corsair, this website would not be possible.
God bless them all.

This website began in November, 2008 and is constantly being updated. Your contributions (pictures, videos, stories, questions, etc.) are critical to its success. Please join us and share your knowledge and experience with others.

Thanks Dick (rca67flyrc) for the new logo!

If you have not seen "The Corsair Experience" you are missing a lot! In Dec, 2008, I bought the 4 DVD set (approx 8 hrs) and spent the weekend watching them. Mike and the team at E-Fighter Productions did a great job with the footage they took and compiled a great 4 DVD set that I will cherish for a long time. They don't have many left so check them out at http://thecorsairexperience.com

Welcome

Postby rwright142 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:50 pm

Welcome to the f4ucorsair forum on freeforums.org.

Dedicated to the valiant men and women who built, maintained, flew, fought, or paid the ultimately price in the Corsair.
God bless them all.

This forum was started because of my passion for the World War II fighter airplane known as the Corsair. It was designed and built by Vought and later Goodyear and Brewster also built them under contract with Vought.

In these forums you will find information on the full scale warbird, models (static and radio controlled) designed after the full scale airplane, and much more. This site is new and has a lot of growing up to do. Please bear with us and our growing pains.

My love for the Bent Wing Bird prompted me to create this forum. I hope you find it helpful, informational, and fun. Please feel free to join and contribute. It's free and who knows - you just may see something you haven't seen before.

F4U-1A_VF-17_Corsair.jpg
VF-17
F4U-1A_VF-17_Corsair.jpg (33.79 KiB) Viewed 2418 times

F4U-1A_VF-17_Corsair_Crew.jpg
VF-17 Plane Crew
F4U-1A_VF-17_Corsair_Crew.jpg (128.28 KiB) Viewed 2411 times

F4U-1A_VF-17_Corsair-2.jpg
F4U-1A_VF-17_Corsair-2.jpg (58.16 KiB) Viewed 2405 times

F4U-1A_VF-17_Corsair-3.jpg
F4U-1A_VF-17_Corsair-3.jpg (67.07 KiB) Viewed 2406 times

F4U-1A_VF-17_Corsair-4.jpg
F4U-1A_VF-17_Corsair-4.jpg (86.45 KiB) Viewed 2404 times